A dental crown or cap is a tooth-shaped covering that is placed over a tooth to restore its shape, size, appearance, and strength. The dental crown will cover the entire visible portion of the tooth.
When might Dr. Michael Hall recommend a dental crown in Bend, Oregon?
– To keep a weak tooth from breaking
– To hold together a cracked tooth
– To restore a tooth that is broken or badly worn
– To support a tooth with a large dental filling
– To anchor a dental bridge
– To cover misshaped or badly stained teeth
– To improve the appearance of a tooth
How do I care for a tooth with a dental crown?
A crowned tooth does not require any special maintenance. However, it is important to remember that a capped tooth is not protected from decay or gum disease. Continue to diligently practice good oral hygiene. Be sure to floss once a day and brush your teeth at least twice a day, taking extra care around the dental crown where the gum meets the tooth. Also, rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash at least once every day.
We encourage you to contact Central Oregon Dental Center today to learn more about dental crowns and to schedule a visit with our dentist.