Do you love your smile? If not, you are not alone. Thousands of people dream of having a flawless and healthy smile they can be proud of. However, even the best oral routine of brushing and flossing can only get you so far in regards to oral health. A large part of keeping oral health includes keeping a clean and healthy toothbrush to help you fall in love with your smile. Here are some simple tips and tricks to caring for your toothbrush:
– Do not use or share toothbrushes from someone else.
– Make sure your toothbrush is the proper size and shape, so it can fit into your mouth easily and reach all areas for cleaning efficiently.
– Always keep your toothbrush clean and stored in an upright position.
– Try to replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months or earlier if necessary. Children’s toothbrushes need to be replaced more often.
– Always use a toothbrush with soft bristles. Toothbrushes with hard bristles can damage your gums.
– Don’t let toothbrushes touch or come into contact with one another, as this can cause cross-contamination.
– Always be sure to keep your toothbrush in a fresh air environment and avoid keeping it in closed containers.
– Look for toothbrushes that are ADA-approved with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
A clean toothbrush is imperative for a clean mouth. If you have any questions or concerns, or need to book an exam or professional cleaning, contact your dentist at Central Oregon Dental Center. If you would like to schedule at visit with Dr. Michael Hall, please call us at 541-389-0300, or visit our office in Bend, Oregon. We look forward to making your smile even better this holiday season!